Saturday, January 8, 2011

lunchbox - not selfmade


Times Square, where my temporary work is, turned out to be a snacking heaven. A secretary told me right away about the amazing salads, burgers, noodles, soba and sandwiches that are close by. Being intimidated by the range of choices I just jumped into the very first deli. To see that they had EVERYTHING, you could think of for a quick lunch, with a buffet to begin with. As a teenager I loved buffets in Korean festival halls so it was a reminiscence to those days. I had to have this kind of lunch box several days in a row, so I didn't make it to the next deli even. It is fast food by nature but still fresh, tangy and crisp.
Ps: The sour fruit gums naturally provide for a complete week.

Ps: In terms of sustainability this meal is evil of course (the massive production of waste is an omnipresent illness here).

3 comments: