Sunday, April 22, 2012

spring herbs salad

Coming home from the last market stand and unpacking everything, I was shocked: only a cow eats so much green leaves. I couldn't possibly have bought that all, so once again, the dealers seem to have put more into the bags than told. That happens quite often: I guess they didn't want to toss the remaining goods so gave an extra portion for free. Or they were grateful to find such an undemanding buyer in me - may the leaves be as giant as palms, I take all without complaints (yet).

Washing the leaves was the only time-consuming part and I realized that I might not be mature enough to grow an own garden (contrary to my boasting with friends during Easter ;)): to find a tiny snail, a tiny worm and some insects alive and kicking in the salad spinner was quite tough for a city girl.

Out of the wild garlic I will make these pancakes. The garden cress and sorrel will be turned into these pancakes.


The smallest leaves made up a fine salad together with spinach leaves (the saved heart part of big spinach bands), arugula, radish green, spaghetti of a very sweet apple, little crumbles of goat cheese, an orange dressing (fresh orange juice, zest, fleur de sel and olive oil, no pepper) and toasted hazelnuts.


4 comments:

  1. Su,
    dann oute ich mich mal als Kuh....wird unter Grün gepinnt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Die Bärlauch-Pancakes passten wunderbar zu Kimchi, nur mal so am Rande ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOVE herbs salads... so fragrant, right? i wish i could get so many nice salad herbs on a weekly basis... they're not always easy to find. it takes time to go to the markets. i'm dreaming of a life where i get to go to the market, choose my vegs, lots of time on hand for cooking, making a pretty home... anybody with me?! :)

    happy day, su!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hallo Su,

    Hier ist es immer so leer! :(

    ReplyDelete